Katie and Grace

Hello, we are two sighthounds who like to blog and Tweet.

I am Katie Whippet - I am a brindle and white whippet, who likes to sleep and eat. I do have some duties, I keep the sofa safe, bark at the bin men, steal and hide shoes and help the puppy evict cats from our garden.

I am Grace Puppy - I am Grace Puppy - I am not actually a puppy any more, but, because I am young, Katie Whippet calls me puppy. I like to whine and play. My duties are keeping watch for cats in the garden.

We live with Mummy, and two cats, Yazz Cat and Tom Cat and like to tell everyone about what we are getting up to.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Grooming Day

Grace Puppy

Today is a Saturday, but we did not gos out for ours normal walkings, because, mummy had to go to the groomers, so, we just had a 'sniff walk' (where we sniff, wee and do #pooclub) around the block!  When mummy got back we thought we would be going out for our proper walk, but, mummy said, 'No' and that Alan and Andrew (Mummys brothers) were coming to see us at home - well, they came and brought a machine thingy with them.  I was not worried about the machine thingy at first because I was so excited to see them in my house! I did bounce and bounce and bounce, then teggies and more bounces.  We went out into the garden, then they started paying attention to the machine thingy - that was not fair!  Katie and I were upset, but, Andrew took us into the kitchen and started to feed us treats, whilst mummy and Alan paid attention to the machine thingy.  We could not stay in the kitchen! We kept going to see what they were doing to our living room. The carpet was damp under our paws - Oh, No, what had happened?  It smelt different too.  Mummy said, they had 'Shampooed ' the carpet - so the carpet had been to the groomers too!  Help, are we next to go to the groomers?  Mummy doesn't mind going to the groomers, and the carpet did not seem to bother too much about being groomed, but we mind - we have our claws cut!



Photobucket
Katie and Grace
Katie Whippet

It is so, we have been told, our claw cutting appointment is on Monday morning at 9.15am! There, we told you didn't we, where all this grooming was going!  We are trying not to be too worried, because, we should be goings on a walk with the lurchers tomorrow!  But, Mummy says, it might rain.  We (like all other Whippets) do not like the rain.

Most of the time, we have problems telling people stuff, because we get so excited about it all! So, we might go into our, manta - a wee and a poo, a wee and a poo, a sniff and a scratch, a sniff and a scratch, and then, we go for a snooze and a sleep, and a snooze and a sleep.  When mummy comes home, we go 'where you been, where you been, where you been, what you got, what you got, what you got, been, been been, got, got, got.....' When it is time to go out, we go, 'Going for a walk, going for a walk, going for a walk'.  You see, we do get very excited about everything and anything. Except claw cutting!

No comments:

Post a Comment