Katie and Grace

Hello, we are two sighthounds who like to blog and Tweet.

I am Katie Whippet - I am a brindle and white whippet, who likes to sleep and eat. I do have some duties, I keep the sofa safe, bark at the bin men, steal and hide shoes and help the puppy evict cats from our garden.

I am Grace Puppy - I am Grace Puppy - I am not actually a puppy any more, but, because I am young, Katie Whippet calls me puppy. I like to whine and play. My duties are keeping watch for cats in the garden.

We live with Mummy, and two cats, Yazz Cat and Tom Cat and like to tell everyone about what we are getting up to.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Hare today....

Grace Puppy

I had a very exciting walkings today.  We were on our way back though Orchid Wood, when in the distance, there was this large wabbit type of an animal.  Well, Katie actually saw it first, and ran towards it - the large wabbit wan - sorry ran.  I thought, Oooo, I will have a bit of that chasings please.  So, I set off at super Gracey puppy sonic speedings, at least 40mph in a 30mph limit (built up area, lots of trees and bushes). Once Katie saw me running she stopped - or maybe she heard a distant yell that was Mummy.....

I ran really hard for a very long way, but, then the large wabbit had gone!  I was still in Orchid Wood, and I could hear Mummy calling me.  Ooo, better find Mummy, so I rushed back in the direction I had already come, doing super Gracey puppy sonic speedings again - and went flying up to Mummy and Katie, who had just started to run too!  Mummy said I was a good girl, and gave me lots of treats, for coming back!  I think I was a good girl for chasing the large wabbit - because they are getting very big, and might take over the world.

On the way home in the car, Katie told me, it was not a wabbit, it was a hare! I am not too sure what a hare is? But it looked like a large wabbit, and was too fast, even for Gracey Puppy.

Katie Whippet

Had a little bit of sport on our walk today, the area is renowned for hares, it has been for years.  Mummy usually spots them far off in the fields - but today, they were in the woods.

I spotted a hare in the distance - I mean, now how dumb does an animal have to be - Dog walking woods, at 9.30am on a morning - eh? You are going to get chased.  So, never one to disappoint - I set off at Katie Whippet - alright for short bursts -speed.  The hare, legged it - I mean, it was not going to just stay there was it? Where is the fun in that?  From behind me, came Grace puppy - fully puppy pelt, breaking the speed limit for a quite hazardous built up area - no regard for her safety, or mine.  Round the corner - legs spinning, smoke coming of her paws...... I just pulled up.  There was no point in a pursuit - it would have been too dangerous, and not in the public interest.  

Mummy caught me up, and said ' We are going to have to run, to find Grace', as we went around the corner - so I agreed and jogged along side of her.  Then back from the way she went, at the same silly speed came Grace puppy - almost diving at Mummy - 'I am back' she said 'boy that was fun - didn't catch it though. Where were you fat bum'  Fortunately Mummy did not hear Grace call her a fat bum.... Oh, you meant me did you, you little puppy..... I will get you..........

Orchid Wood in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment