Katie and Grace

Hello, we are two sighthounds who like to blog and Tweet.

I am Katie Whippet - I am a brindle and white whippet, who likes to sleep and eat. I do have some duties, I keep the sofa safe, bark at the bin men, steal and hide shoes and help the puppy evict cats from our garden.

I am Grace Puppy - I am Grace Puppy - I am not actually a puppy any more, but, because I am young, Katie Whippet calls me puppy. I like to whine and play. My duties are keeping watch for cats in the garden.

We live with Mummy, and two cats, Yazz Cat and Tom Cat and like to tell everyone about what we are getting up to.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Lurcher Walk

Grace

Today, it was raining, a lot. Normally, we would just have gone a short walk with Mummy, because Lurchers (Me, Grace) and Whippets (Katie) do not like to get wet - unless, we are doing it ourselves, by running into lakes when chasing birds - or playing with water loving dogs.

But today was the day of the lurcher walk - yesterday was lovely and sunny, we would not have minded to go for a long walk yesterday, but, no, we had to go for a long walk today.

Mummy put our coats on, and put a silly hat on Katie Whippet, to stop here ears getting wet.  We got in the car (tin can) and started on our way.  But, Mummy went the wrong way - not the walkies way.  We were a little bit worried.  Anyway, she stopped the car, got out, for a few minutes - noses against the window - which are tinted, so you cannot see snotty dog nose marks all over them.  'Where has Mummy gone?' Panic! Oh, it's OK, she is just there - phew, she was playing with the machine that gives out money... That is OK then. Mummy gets back in the car, and we head off in the right direction.

More confusion! We have gone past our walkies stop.  Oh, no, were not going to London are we?  It is a long way to London - Ooo, maybe we are going to see Dave and Sylvia, and the cats.... Ooo cat food!  But, no, where are we going, turns, and more turns - Ooo, we have stopped.  Mummy is waving  - she has seen someone - Ooo, doors opened. 'You want us to come out - what and get rained on?' Oh, OK, treats.....

Why are we standing around it the rain! Ooo, more dogs to sniff - Hang on, they are all much bigger than me...

Oh, OK are we actually going to go for a walk now?  Hang on, Katie need to poo!  Ooo, the other doggies are going off their leads - can we go off Mummy - do zoomies?  What do you mean, not yet.....

Oh, I can go off now then - trot, Ooo, not to sure about this lot, they are bigger than me, Oh and they can keep up too - Find Mummy - Ooo, she is calling me, good excuse - my recall skills, maybe that will impress that huge bridle greyhound.... Sexy!  Ooo, you want me to have a treat, good - looks like I have come back for something!  I am a little bit frightened of this lot....  Stick close to Mummy, look like I am really well trained and am walking to heel.

Ooo, confidence is growing, I might just have a little trot with them - Oooo, Ooooooooo, they are running, HELP!  Mega Zoomies - I don't like this, they are all too fast, HELP, Mummy!  Oh, she's calling me - phew, go back looking like that was fun!  Hey Katie Whippet, did you see that? - what do you mean?, you didn't see a thing? Well, I suppose you wouldn't with your nose that close to the back of Mummy's knees.

Oh, phew, Mummy putting me back on the lead!  Hey, this isn't going to look good, what do you mean you are leaving Katie off her lead!  Hang on what about my street cred? What do you mean you think I am frightened?  No I am not! I thought I covered it up very well......

Trot, it is still raining, and I am still on my lead, Katie is still off the lead, with her nose attached to Mummy's right knee.

Oh, back in the nice warm car - Home - What do you mean we are going to the pub!  We cannot go in the Pub - Oh, in the smokers area - nice - Not.  We are two very wet and tired hounds - let us go home.... What do you mean social? - you don't do social..... No, I do not want crisps thank you....Oh, but Katie will have some.... Oh OK, I will try one.... not impressed - I want meat not salty, crunchy potatoes, cannot see the point really.... Oh, a second packet, and a cup of coffee - Oh, to warm you up - What about us two... Katie has got her nose in the crisp packet - Oh, Katie you really are the limit!

Oh, finally, you have seen sense!  Lets get to the car - I don't want to me wet again.  Ooo, yes, air con on full blast please - HOT setting - that is right!  Fastest way home please!  Yes, go down the A50 if you have too......

Ooooo, home! But, mummy has left us in the car, she has gone in the house! Panic - sorry, we did not mean to mention the second packet of crisps - honest! Oh, she's back, Phew.  OK, lets get inside - Oooo, Mummy, the gas fire is on!  Oooo, yes please, we'd love a bowl of food - Oooo, thank you.....

Oooo, this is nice - cushion in font of the fire - roast...... Move, on to the duvet mummy has put down on the floor for us - Ooo, Katie madam has nicked my roasting spot!  Hehehe, Katie is panting!  Mummy is telling her to 'Move then, you silly mutt', Ooo, swap places - Ahhhhhh, stretch and relax..... Dream about zoomies - I am faster that that lot - in my dreams!

Photobucket
Katie Whippet

Sunday - Gatecrashed the Lurcher walk - *common* .  It was raining, a lot! Not impressed, by the car ride - longer than usual, the location - never been there before, the company - Lurcher mutts, Mummys choice of head wear for me - I looked like a baby with a bonnet on..... Still, it did keep the rain out of my ears.... thankful for small mercies!

Grace was pretending to be a big, tough, fast, lurcher type, but was that lot scared the pants off her - although there was one very sexy greyhound type,  nice ginger brindle... tall, good bones.....Anyway, moving on....

I did not even look at them - apart from the sexy ginger brindle, tall, slim......Anyway, moving on.....

I walked directly behind Mummy, so, if any of them unruly mutts came running at me, they had to take Mummy out first.... method in my walking with my nose behind Mummys right knee.

So I got wet, tired and bored.

But then we went to the pub and had crisps! I did my expert procedure of extracting the last crumbs out of the packet - Grace just doesn't appreciate the art of fine dining.

Then we went home, heating on when we got home, food, and warmth - Ouch, not that much warmth thank you - I am not a mutt - woman! But, I will move.....Swap with Grace.......

Did someone say something about a second packet of crisps?  Yes, Katie, it was mummy - in your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment