Katie and Grace

Hello, we are two sighthounds who like to blog and Tweet.

I am Katie Whippet - I am a brindle and white whippet, who likes to sleep and eat. I do have some duties, I keep the sofa safe, bark at the bin men, steal and hide shoes and help the puppy evict cats from our garden.

I am Grace Puppy - I am Grace Puppy - I am not actually a puppy any more, but, because I am young, Katie Whippet calls me puppy. I like to whine and play. My duties are keeping watch for cats in the garden.

We live with Mummy, and two cats, Yazz Cat and Tom Cat and like to tell everyone about what we are getting up to.

Saturday 24 March 2012

Trials (bike) of being a Grace Puppy

Grace Puppy

Ooo, no, I did something really embarrassing today.  We were out on our walkings, which was in the afternoon, because it is a Saturday, and we always have walkings in the afternoon on Saturdays.  It was foggy this morning, but, the sunshine had just started to come out.  We go walkings through Orchid Wood - so I was looking for the hare again. Then we go along the top bank called Tawny.  The Tawny bank slopes down into a big field - sometimes we walk along there, but, it can be very muddy - so we usually, just turn around at the start of the slope, and go back along Tawny bank, then down to the lake.  Well today, I was ready for anything, I still wanted to find that hare - but, mummy kept calling me in the woods, and she had treats in her pocket.  When we got near to the slope down to the field on Tawny, I saw in the distance, something moving - it was still a bit misty, but, something was moving very fast - it was in my field! 'Ooo, it's the hare' I thought,' I am going to have some chasings of that.' There is no speed limit on the fields, so was was doing at least 40mph.  Suddenly I was in the middle of the field. 'Ooo, that hare has grown' I was thinking - So I stopped. Stared. Then though, 'I still want to be chasings it though.' So I started running again.  Well, suddenly the hare stopped. There was actually two of them.  They both stopped.  Then I realised they were making a noise.... I stopped.....'Ooo, I thought, they are not hares, they are peoples - and they are on machines.'  I tried not to look frightened.  Mummy was calling me - so I pretended that I was being a very good Grace Puppy and turned around and ran back to Mummy.  Mummy was not impressed.  Nor was Uncle Alan, Mummys brother.  He told me off.  Katie Whippet was laughing at me - but, I think she would have done the same in her younger days.


Katie Whippet.

Years of nurturer, education, and wisdom I have invested in that puppy, only for her to throw it all back in my face by chasing a couple of motorbikes!  I mean, hares, rabbits, squirrels, cats, the odd duck - fine, but, motorbikes? What would you do with it if you caught it?  I have to admit though, I did almost get caught up in the thrill of the chase.  At first, in the mist, in the far distance, they did look chaseable.  But it soon became obvious, from the noise they were making that they did not need to be chased.  I was concerned for the silly mutt of a puppy, so I did trot down to the field with mummy.  By which time, the mutt had realised the mistake she had made and was coming back.  Same silly speed, although the conditions were good, and we were not in a built up area. Uncle Alan was totally unimpressed by Grace's display of a sighthounds true character. Grace got told off!


Because the mutt puppy, did not see the fact that my ears went up, and I did gallop a few paces after her, at first. I laughed at her, and told her, she was a silly mutt puppy for not realising they were noisy machines and not hares! I also told her, that this would be all over Twitter when I got home - and on the blog.... But, she has not tired to hide it - she has admitted her mistake..... Mmm, I would not have! Ooo, embarrassing Electric fence incident..... Shhh.....
                                             View from Tawny

No comments:

Post a Comment