Katie and Grace

Hello, we are two sighthounds who like to blog and Tweet.

I am Katie Whippet - I am a brindle and white whippet, who likes to sleep and eat. I do have some duties, I keep the sofa safe, bark at the bin men, steal and hide shoes and help the puppy evict cats from our garden.

I am Grace Puppy - I am Grace Puppy - I am not actually a puppy any more, but, because I am young, Katie Whippet calls me puppy. I like to whine and play. My duties are keeping watch for cats in the garden.

We live with Mummy, and two cats, Yazz Cat and Tom Cat and like to tell everyone about what we are getting up to.

Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter Bunny Hunting

Grace Puppy

It's Easter Sunday today, Mummy says.  Apparently, Easter is a very good time for hounds - because it comes after the March Hares, Easter is the times for Bunnies.  Apparently, also, Bunnies are not as fast as hares - so there easier to do chasings. But, Mummy also says, Bunnies go under the ground - down holes, so, they may not be as fast as hares, but they can do hidings.  Sneaky Bunnies. Sneaky Easter Bunnies.

I had this in mind when I was doings trottings a long the foot path next to the turf field.  Now, the turf field has been leveled and sown with seeds - we are knowings this, because we saw the man in his tractor doing the seed sowing.  The turf field is very flat and smooth - and it also has no fences along the foot path.

Over on the far side near the squirrel woods there are lots of brambles - and I am remembering from last years, that is where the bunnies have their holes, where they do hidings.

I am thinkings about bunnies whist doing trottings, then suddenly, I also thinkings I be seeings a bunny near the brambles on the other sides of the fields near squirrel woods.  Ooo, nice flat fine soil to do runnings over too! I set off at Super Grace Puppy Zoomies Lets Chase bunny/hare/motorbikes/anything that moves Pace.

In the distance, I can be hearing barking - Oh, it is Katie Whippet, shouting what I should be doing, 'What?' Ooo, the bunny has doing hidings - Oh bum, I won't let Katie think I was chasing, I was just having a run on a nice flat field - Nice circle, back on to the foot path, back to mummy - Ooo, that was a nice stretch. Ooo, Mummy has got treats - Ooo, thank you mummy.  Mummy knows I was chasing something, but she doesn't make rude remarks about my running or chasing tactics.  Katie you can shut your muttious mouth.

Katie Whippet.

Puppy Pants went full pelt across the turf field - Hallucinating bunny rabbits - it is all this talk of Easter.  There were no rabbits there, I checked on my way down the foot path.  For a start, she has not got a clue. You don't chase rabbits when they are next to their holes anyway!  Wait for them to be in the middle of the turf field, when the grass has grown - early in the morning, before any other dogs have been that way.  Then stand, eye ball them for a moment, because, if they are going to run, they will then - It is always good, if you can do a little bit of the maths in your head first. Your stride x distance to rabbit x distance to hole x angle of interception = Rabbit in Gob!

Then go, bullet out of a gun, Katie Whippet after a rabbit. Oh I have come sooo close, sooo many times!

Anyway, just in case there was a rabbit, I starts shouting at Grace, she needs to go a bit wider, calculate the angle to the rabbit hole/cover - Oh, now what? She is slowing down - Oh, circling, Oh, so, no bunny then? Oh, make it look like you were just running for the sake of running then! Oh, nice touch, back to mummy for some treats eh?  Huh, I would have been up at those holes, sniffing and digging!  There was obviously never a rabbit in the first place!

Look here puppy pants, you just have not got a clue, you just don't listen. Listen to the master, Katie Whippet - I have chased more rabbits than you have had tins of Chappie! You might be able to run a long way, but you haven't got the power off the blocks - you need to build up your bum muscles!

Ooo, don't you tell me to shut up, I am not a mutt, your the mutt......


No comments:

Post a Comment