Katie and Grace

Hello, we are two sighthounds who like to blog and Tweet.

I am Katie Whippet - I am a brindle and white whippet, who likes to sleep and eat. I do have some duties, I keep the sofa safe, bark at the bin men, steal and hide shoes and help the puppy evict cats from our garden.

I am Grace Puppy - I am Grace Puppy - I am not actually a puppy any more, but, because I am young, Katie Whippet calls me puppy. I like to whine and play. My duties are keeping watch for cats in the garden.

We live with Mummy, and two cats, Yazz Cat and Tom Cat and like to tell everyone about what we are getting up to.

Sunday 22 April 2012

Where to Snooze? (New sofa debate)

This is what Sofas are for!
Katie Whippet
The double duvet sofa

We are always having this argument in our house - who is having the sofa.  As you be knowings, sighthounds do be likings sofas.  As our living room is only small, we's have a 2 seater sofa, which is just the right size for a whippet to stretch out on - Far too small for a human to do snoozes on.  But, Mummy always seems to be wanting to be doing snoozings on the sofa.

I ain't a moving!

If by some fluke, Mummy does being getting to the sofa before me - I then climb up behind her, and try to push her off. Or, I pace around the living room making her feel uncomfortable!  Mummy does be saying that we whippets can do sleepings on the chairs or the cushion on the floors - but, she not understanding - the sofa is where we should be!

For a long times now, Mummy has been sayings that we do be needings a new sofa. Mummy has not got nearly as much furniture now as she did be havings in the living rooms before - because she has got rid of the large cupboard and set of draws.  She nearly took the plunge last years - going for a 5 seater leather sofa, but, then Thomas Cat came to stay, and she's decided she would be waitings until he was bigger because he might claw the sofa.  So, we's still waitings.

Now Mummy has decided that we's not be having a leather sofa, because of the cats clawing it - so she is still trying to decide what to have.  She's be sayings, 5 seater corner sofa would being big enough for two hounds, two cats and one human. She's be sayings this for a longs times, but nothings has happened yet.

Now, you see, if I am on the sofa, I will not move for anyone. Sofas need guarding at all times - especially from sneaky Mummys who might just nick it from under your nose.  Grace doesn't seem to accept this duty, and if she is on the sofa and Mummy wants it - Grace will jump off, and go on either a chair or on the cushion on the floor.

Mummy has made the sofa a place for hounds to be doing sleepings really, because she be's havings put a single duvet over the sofa and tucked it in around the cushions, and then another single duvet over the top, so I's can make myself a tent by going under the top duvet, and being very snuggly.

At Night times, we do's not have a problem, because mummys has a double bed and I sleeps in there with her. I does have my basket for the summer when it gets too warm in bed, and also an old duvet on the floor, where I can sleep too.

But, until Mummy does be goings to visit DFS she's always going to have the problem of a Katie Whippet taking up all of her sofa.


Grace Puppy

I's not be knowings what all this fuss is about a news sofa - Mummy and Katie has been going on about it for years!

I only ever use the sofa at the night where I go under the top duvet to do sleepings.  I used to sleep with Mummy and Katie until Thomas Cat came to stay - he jumps on me and bites my tail, so, I growl at him and be's going out of his way down stairs.  Thomas Cat, always sleeps on Mummys bed.

I's not be liking it if someone be's getting too close to me when I am lying down.  I usually grumble and move.  Although, if Katie be's lying down, I do go and lie on top of her! But, that is different because that is my choice!

I do be liking to sleep on the spare duvet, which is on the bedroom floor.  It was never meant to be on the bedroom floors, it was on top of the draws.  But, Thomas Cat, helped by jumping on it, and making it fall off the tops of the draws, and then I made a nest in it - now, Mummy be saying, it is no use moving it.  It is being too big to go in the washing machine - so, we's be havings it!

I be having my cushion on the floors down stairs, where I can do snoozings if Mummy decides to put the fire on.  Then it is very nice and warm and I can do stretchings out.

Of course, there is always Mummy's bed - which is an option to be made the most of  - we can be doing playings on the bed, as well as sleepings. Of course, you have to do messings ups of beds too - it being only to be expected!

How to mess up a bed!





No comments:

Post a Comment