Katie and Grace

Hello, we are two sighthounds who like to blog and Tweet.

I am Katie Whippet - I am a brindle and white whippet, who likes to sleep and eat. I do have some duties, I keep the sofa safe, bark at the bin men, steal and hide shoes and help the puppy evict cats from our garden.

I am Grace Puppy - I am Grace Puppy - I am not actually a puppy any more, but, because I am young, Katie Whippet calls me puppy. I like to whine and play. My duties are keeping watch for cats in the garden.

We live with Mummy, and two cats, Yazz Cat and Tom Cat and like to tell everyone about what we are getting up to.

Monday 23 July 2012

Getting Older

Hi Katie Whippet here!

Did you be seeings what Grace Puppy be gettings up toos this mornings!

You would never catch me doing that!  Ooo, or maybe once I might have.

As you get older, you start to think about what you do.  Have never liked getting wet, but, if there was a squirrel monster to be chased I could make an exception.  Mummy has been waste deep in water rescuing me before now!  But, I would not do that now, even if there was a squirrel monster.

I am not sure if I am having problems with my joints - I sometimes feel a bit stiff, in my back leg, but usually Mummy will rub my leg and it feels better.

A while back I stopped jumping in the car, which made Mummy think I might be feeling my age - I will be 10 years old in October (22nd in case you were wondering)

Mummy did be buyings some oil stuff to help me, but, Grace and I have always eaten out of the same bowl - and Mummy did not want to stop that.  So, she was findings it difficults to see if I got the right dose of oil.

Mummy says, with getting older, sometimes you do not realise that you are slowing down, because it is a gradual process.  Maybe I do feel a little stiff sometimes.

But, I am a very brave whippet.  I took a pad of my front paw on the bottom of a metal door, and I did not say anything to Mummy, she only noticed when I was standing in a pool of blood! I had to have 2 staples in that!  So, I would not be doing moaning.  I sometimes do not be wantings to go for walkings, but that is mainly in the winter, when I am under my 'two duvets'.

Now, Grace Puppy is a different story - she gives you the 'sorry for herself' sad eyes, at any opportunity! She also whines a lot!

Anyway - the point I am trying to make is, I am not sure if the Pedigree Joint Care+ are working yet.  Mummy is taking plenty of video to try and make sure if there are any differences - then she will be noticing them and report to the lovely people at Pedigree who be sending me treats!

As for playing - I never really played.  Not like Grace does.  I think it goes back to my puppyhood, when I did not get the chance to learn play.  Since Grace Puppy has come to us, I do be doings play fighting with her - but at the end of the day - she be needing to know who is boss - and that is still me - despite her being about a centimeter taller than me!

We will be waitings and seeings. Mummy did be sneaky todays, because of what Grace did this mornings, we had to wait until evenings for our treats.  Because it was a nice evenings, Mummy be eating her tea outside in the back garden.  Because I was more interested in her tea than my Pedigree Joint Care+ treat, she be braking it up into little bits and feeding it too me.  It was only when she had finished her tea, and was still feeding me bits, I realised.

No comments:

Post a Comment